How to Start a Palm Oil Processing Company – Sample Business Plan Template
Since you won’t be selling to consumers directly, it won’t be necessary to site your processing plant near a nearby market. You should be more concerned with being closer to palm plantations or areas with an abundance of palm trees.
However, if you can be situated closer to both the plantations and marketplace; it will be an added advantage for you. Secondly, your location should be free of unnecessary human and animal movements; yet very accessible for vehicles. This is best because there should be high level of hygiene around your plant.
2. Get the necessary equipment
In the past, palm oil was processed in “oil pots” made in the ground. The processing then involved rubbing and squeezing the palm kernel fruits until the oil was extracted. However, this old method is very wasteful, as it leaves some significant amount of oil left on the kernel fruits that could have been converted into more palm oil.
But nowadays, machines are used to process palm oil. This modern method is more hygienic, and it helps to extract all the palm oil on kernel fruits without leaving any quantity to waste. You should also know that most machines for processing palm oil can be imported or fabricated locally at a cheaper rate. Examples of equipments necessary for palm oil processing business
►Palm Fruit Stripper
►Nut Fiber Separator
►Mechanical Screw Press
►Barrels or surface tanks for storage purposes
3. Setup your processing plant
You may need to seek the services of professionals to help construct the needed infrastructure and also install the processing machines.
4. Hire people to work with you
You will need to hire someone who would operate the palm oil processing machine. If you are planning to have more than one machine, then you would need to hire an operator for each machine. You would also need to hire other employees, such as a security personnel, administrative staff, and so on.
5. Create market awareness
Approach prospective marketers and encourage them to buy from your company. One smart way to retain them for a long term is to offer high quality palm oil at discounted prices. You should also encourage your customers to tell others about your business.
In addition, you can also establish a retail outlet to sell your palm oil. If you decide to go this route, you can create a competitive advantage by branding your gallons and fortifying your palm oil with vitamin A.
Leave A Message About How to Start a Palm Oil Processing Company – Sample Business Plan Template
- 3tph palm oil processing machinery
- Palm kernel oil expeller machinery
- Palm oil mill process
- Palm oil processing line
- Small scale palm oil refining plant
- Palm kernel cracking and separating machine in Nigeria
- 2tpd palm kernel oil refining machine
- PKO processing machine
- 30-500tpd palm oil refining machine
- Crude palm oil refining process
- 300-500kg/h palm oil press machine delivered to Gabon West Africa
- Malaysia customers visit Henan Doing Company for small scale palm oil press production machine
- 15tph palm oil extraction machine will be shipped to Mexico
- Edible oil filling machine will be shipped to Uzbekistan
- Henan Doing Machinery will attend China Commodities Expo-Nigeria 2018
Leave a message